A Call for the Formation of a Historical Society of Koreans in Washington State
The Founding of Korean American Historical Society
BOARDS & OFFICERS
Need help with PDF files? Try
PDF-XChange Viewer for editing
|| Founded in 1985, Korean American Historical Society (KAHS) is a nonprofit organization dedicated to enriching the collective memory of Korean Americans through collecting, maintaining, and transmitting the heritage and achievements of Koreans living in the United States and abroad.
KAHS' Goals include the following:
- Publish Occasional Papers, a journal of oral histories, community research, book reviews, critical essays, and reports. This journal is intended to present information and material for primary researchers as well as general readers.
- Conduct and archive oral history interviews on the history of Korean expatriates in general, and Korean Americans in particular.
- Maintain a library of books, photographs, and materials pertinent to the mission of KAHS.
- Organize and conduct seminars, symposia, and other necessary activities.
- Encourage the development of Korean American studies as an academic discipline.
- Coordinate activities with other Korean community organizations for historical purposes.
BACK TO TOP
Copyright © 1998-2011 Korean American Historical Society